|“||Dude. I went right after you!||”|
—Zack to Lawrence Dooley about going right after him on the water slide.
Zack is being portrayed by Lance Lim.
Lance Lim ("Growing Up Fisher") as "Zack", a reserved child of overbearing parents, who comes out of his shell as the band's electric guitarist. He walks the line between fearing the consequences of breaking the rules and embracing the independence that Dewey encourages. Zack is a good friend to all, and with the confidence he gains from the band he makes the choice to become his own man instead of a "Yale man". For example, in We're Not Gonna Take It, Zack gets caught by his dad when playing his electric guitar in his room instead of doing his homework. His dad talks to Principal Mullins and she takes out Zack of Mr. Finn's class and moves him to another class. After Zack gets caught jumping out of the window, Mr. Kwan comes and talks with Zack on why he is acting rebellious and standing up to him. Zack says that Mr. Finn taught him to not be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.
Zack has some of the best guitar skills in school. He’s also got some of the strictest parents, which isn’t the best combination for a wannabe rock ’n’ roller. He’s often torn between following orders and breaking the rules but luckily, he’s great at talking his way out of trouble!
Main Article: Zack and Tomika
Zack and Tomika are close friends. During, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, they accidentally kissed and believed that they liked one another. However, that was not the case, but their epiphany may have suggested that feelings may be building up.
Good Friend/(Fake) Ex-Girlfriend
Main Article: Summer and Zack
Summer and Zack are friends. In The Story of Us (But More About Me), Summer enlisted Zack to be her boyfriend (after Zack found that his brother, Ashton, wouldn't punch him) and their relationship lasted for a half-hour before Summer ended things. Summer and Zack have been friends since then.
Main Article: Freddy and Zack
Freddy and Zack have been best friends since childhood. They always have each other's back, even when the going get tough and temptation takes the boys elsewhere.
Main Article: Zack and Lawrence
Zack and Lawrence are best friends. Even though Zack uses Lawrence for his business exploits, they can always look to each other for help and guidance.
- Although in the original movie Zack's last name was Mooneyham, it was said that in the series, his last name is Kwan (We're Not Gonna Take It).
- In Takin' Care of Business, his last name is spelt as "Kwon" instead of "Kwan".
- He is right-handed.
- His routine after school is as follows: studying from 4-7 PM, a light dinner, formal dancing lessons, and more studying until bedtime.
- He has a pet goldfish named Luther (We're Not Gonna Take It).
- Zack have a wide knowledge about business.
- In the episode Photograph, it is revealed that all photos of Zack on his family's mantle have gone wrong.
- In the movie, Zack was white and just like in the movie his father was very strict.
- Although Zack never officialy dated, he fake dated Summer and kissed Tomika.
- He likes glitter.
|School of Rock Characters|
|Tomika • Freddy Huerta • Summer Hathaway • Zack Kwan • Lawrence Dooley • Dewey Finn • Principal Mullins|
|Clark O'Shannon • Esmeralda • Kale • Asher|